Think & Drive - Now penalties hiked for breaking traffic rules
The Union Cabinet has approved the Motor Vehicle (Amendment) bill 2016 and this is going to cause heavy penalties for violation of road safety rules. This is going to be a historical step towards making roads safe and lakhs of innocent lives.
In comparison to Punjab, Haryana and other near by states, Chandigarh is already a well know city for obeying the traffic rules. Great thanks to its sensible, civilized residents and traffic police authorities!!
With this heavy fine list, more precision is expected from TriCity residents in following driving rules.
The Cab aggregators such as Ola and Uber are also sought to be brought under the licensing rules of state governments under the proposed bill.
Check the list of traffic violations with the old and proposed fine which going to cost your pocket more:
- Driving without license Rs 500 to Rs 5000
- Over speeding from Rs 400 to Rs 1000 for LMV and Rs 2000 for Medium passenger vehicle
- Drunken Driving from Rs 2000 to Rs 10000
- Overloading from Rs 2000 and Rs 1000 to Rs 20000 and Rs 2000 per extra tonne
- Overloading of passengers Rs 1000 per person
- Seat Belt from Rs 100 to Rs 1000
- Overloading of 2 wheeler from Rs 100 to Rs 2000 , disqualification of license for 3 months
- Without Helmets from Rs 100 to Rs 1000 , disqualification of license for 3 months
Road to safety: Now Hefty fines for Traffic Violations
The #HashTag 'Penalties Hiked for Breaking Traffic Rules' appearing in
#Chandigarh #Kharar #Mohali #Panchkula #Zirakpur .
#EventsinTricity #ApniTriCity #CityBeautiful
SECTOR 36 - Chandigarh
Independent Room - No Meal Included
mohali, SECTOR 43 - Chandigarh
Flat - Not Furnished
1418, SECTOR 30 - Chandigarh
Independent House - Fully Furnished
sector-36, SECTOR 36 - Chandigarh
Shared Room - No Meal Included
Mohali, SECTOR 71 - Mohali
Independent Floor - Not Furnished